29 March 2011

House hunting in Florida

It is time to start planning this PCS at a more active level. We were recently sent the housing information from Eglin AFB and based upon what we have seen and what we were told by friends living there already we have decided to live off base. I am not to thrilled with this decision because it means more work for me but what can you do?

I spent yesterday researching area schools on greatschools.com and I have narrowed the list down to 8 towns I will send my kids to school in. Due to driving times for my husband to and from work there are only 2 towns I really want to live in. So now the decision is smaller house, closer to the beach with great schools or larger house, further from the beach with great schools.

I am definitely leaning towards the latter though my husband is not in agreement. It will be great to live in Florida and go to the beach and enjoy that lifestyle after being in the desert for 9 months. I just wish I could higher someone to do all of this planning for me. I just need to look at it from a positive outlook. The hard research is done, now I just have to wait for houses to come available for the time period I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment